Shop Local Gilgandra
In 2019, Gilgandra Shire Council has announced there is $50,000 in Cooee Cash to be won!
See below for the full terms and conditions of Gilgandra's 2019 Shop Local promotion as well as download the Trade Promotion Lottery Permit LTPS/19/40130.(PDF, 165KB)
Promotion Rules 2019
Entrants must collect receipts from businesses registered or operated in the Gilgandra Local Government Area ( from here forward to be referred to as “Participating Businesses”) between 25 November 2019 and 23 December 2019.
- When entrants have valid receipts to the minimum value of $50 they must place these in the official entry envelope and place in the entry barrel.
- Receipts in a single entry can be of any value and from any participating store so long as the receipts in the official entry envelope total a minimum of $50.
- The promotion runs from 8am on Monday 25 November 2019 until 8.59am on December 23 2019.
- There is no minimum age for entry in the promotion. However if the winner is under the age of 18 years the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian.
- Only original receipts will be accepted or authorized and validated copies or vouchers where the receipt needs to be retained for warranty, business or taxation purposes. Copies or vouchers must be signed or stamped by relevant participating business to be eligible.
- All entries must be placed in the official entry barrel by 8.59 am prior to the draws taking place.
- The draws will take place at 9am on the following dates in Gilgandra Community Plaza, 43 Miller Street Gilgandra.
- Monday 2 December 2019 – 10 Draws of $1000
- Monday 9 December 2019 – 10 Draws of $1000
- Monday 16 December 2019 – 15 Draws of $1000
- Monday 23 December 2019 – 15 Draws of $1000
- Winners will be notified via phone contact numbers supplied on the entry envelope, immediately after the draw has taken place.
- Promoter – Kathryn Larkin, Gilgandra Shire Council, PO Box 23 Gilgandra NSW 2827, Phone Number 02 6817 8800
- The results will be published in the first edition of The Gilgandra Weekly each week after the draw, along with Gilgandra Shire Council website and both the Gilgandra Region and Gilgandra Shire Council Facebook pages.
- The winners will be decided by a draw from the entry barrel. This entry will be validated and check to ensure it meets the criteria (Receipts in an official entry envelope to a minimum value totaling $50, are original or validated copies from participating businesses dated between 25 November 2019 and 23 December 2019. An entry will not be deemed the winner unless it meets the criteria for entry. In the event the entry is not deemed valid, there will be a redraw. This process will continue until a winner is found.
- Prizes are:
- 50 x $1000 Coo-ee Cash Cards
- The total value of the prizes is $50,000.
- The “Coo-ee Cash Cards” are preloaded EFTPOS cards that are only able to be spent at businesses in the Gilgandra Shire with an activated EFTPOS terminal.
- The winner has until 3 years, as per NSW gift card legislation to spend their Coo-ee Cash Card.
- Coo-ee Cash is not transferable for Australian currency or any other financial product or currency that can be converted to cash.
- The winners will be notified via contact details supplied on the official entry envelope.
- The Barrel will be emptied of all entries after each draw has taken place.
- Any prize winner has three months (until 4pm on 23 March 2019) in which to claim the prize. If the prize remains unclaimed three months after the original draw date, an unclaimed prize draw is to be conducted.
- The unclaimed prize draw will take place on 24 March 2020 at 10am at the Gilgandra Shire Council Administration building located at 15 Warren Road Gilgandra.
- The unclaimed prize draw will be advertised on www.gilgandra.nsw.gov.au and Gilgandra Shire Councils Facebook Page
- Winners do not have to be present at the draw to claim the prize.
- Gilgandra Shire Council reserves the right to cancel or suspend the promotion if any activity is discovered which is deemed to be contravening the rules as set down in this document, New South Wales or Australian Commonwealth law.