Round 3 - Stronger Country Communities Fund
Gilgandra Shire Council sought feedback and ideas for community infrastructure projects to be submitted under Round 3 of the NSW Government's Stronger Country Communities Fund (SCCF) with the survey closing Friday, 9 August 2018.
The SCCF has been established to target infrastructure projects in regional NSW to improve the lives and wellbeing of local residents, to ensure that regional communities across NSW remain attractive and vibrant places to live and work and enhance opportunities for youth to work and thrive within our community.
Under this funding, there is $769,032 available to the Gilgandra Shire, half of which must be spent on youth related projects.
Gilgandra Shire Council is inviting residents to offer feedback on the compiled list of projects that have been identified from the Community Strategic and Long Term Financial Plans. The survey results will be reviewed at he August Council Meeting.
- $310,000 to complete the McGrane Oval Masterplan
- $100,000 for the Skate Park upgrade at Hunter Park
- $100,000 for a Technological Hub at Gilgandra Library
- $30,000 for Work Readiness programs
- $30,000 for Rising Sun installation
- $75,000 for community Electronic Signage on town entry points
- $130,000 for CBD Activation
Please note that Council is currently in the planning stages of a combined Indoor sports and Youth Centre envisaged for the Hunter Park precinct. A working party has been convened consisting of representatives of the community.